Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF)
- The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) is made available through the American Rescue Plan Act, enacted March 11, 2021.
- The HAF program will provide financial assistance for homeowners who have experienced a significant reduction or loss of income due to COVID-19 and have been unable to remain current with their mortgage payments.
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) is in the process of developing eligibility requirements for the program. Once the NJHMFA plan receives U.S. Treasury approval, NJHMFA will make available on its website https://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/ eligibility requirements and details about the application process.
- As details become available, potentially eligible homeowners are encouraged to work with a counselor under one of NJHMFA's existing housing counseling initiatives before submitting an application.
- Find a counselor in your county:
- HAF Proposal documents:
- Homeowner Assistance Fund and Program Planning Materials for Public Comment
- Spanish (HAF) Overview and Program Planning Materials for Public Comment
- Translation of the HAF Overview and Program Planning Materials for Public Comment is available upon request via HAF_Public_Comments@njhmfa.gov for the following languages: Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Hindi, Gujarati, Chinese (including Cantonese and Mandarin), Korean, Tagalog, and Arabic.
Here is how to provide your valuable public input
Submit Public Comments
Email to send comments:
Deadline to provide feedback:
5:00 p.m., June 24, 2021